Monday, October 11, 2010

coming-homes and going-ons


Today is the last day of Cutting Edge: A Celebration of Fibers at the Textile Art Center, Brooklyn, NY. Here is a statement from the curator, Joetta Maue,

“This exhibition focuses on how artists are using fiber and techniques in truly unexpected ways either through their subject matter or the actual techniques of construction”, explains Ms. Maue. “Fibers are without boundaries - the purpose of this exhibit is to show that there are no rules. The show is going to be an incredible, not to miss exhibit with truly exciting work from prominent and unknown fiber artists. Any one who has an interest in fiber as a means of expression should not miss it.”

Click here to see some photos of the show and click here to see the videos that were exhibited at the show. It has been such an exciting show to be included in and I loved learning about all these wonderful artists and their work.
So these creatures will hopefully be back from Brooklyn in time for the up-coming Natick Artist Open Studios which is this weekend ~ the 16th and 17th!!! I will be posting more information but for now here is a brochure and click on the link above to get more information. And in the interest of saving paper and postage :) ..... if you want a brochure, email your address and I will send one out. Also I will have a pile in my studio so stop by my place first for your map. Lastly I will be collecting green, black or brown yarn, string, wire, streamer, balloon string,..... u get the idea. I'll explain more later. Happy Columbus day!!! peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~