Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yeah for the world wide web!!!!!

Isn't the Internet amazing???? It is always interesting to me to see what information gets where and how. I just goggled myself to see if my facebook fan page comes up and low and behold I found my Dress of Etiquette on the web site Emily Post’s Etiquette Daily ~
http://www.etiquettedaily.com/2009/07/summer-fashion-the-etiquette-dress/.

Now sadly my facebook fan page did NOT come up - I still need to work on that. But I have set up a fan page!!! (Yeah - after many frustrating hours of my computer freezing up) And so there is another site about my work out in cyberspace. Now I am not completely sure the difference between a fan page and a blog because everyone can view the fan page -you don't need to be a member. However with the fan page i was able to create a photo album which chronicles the construction of 'this comes from within'. Also I have been able to post the information about the opening which is helpful ~ since I still don’t have the official postcard invite and the opening is only 15 days away. But my mantra lately has been – it will all work out!!!!

Now back to the fan page …. To view my new fan page with the photo album …here is the address.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Virginia-Fitzgerald/127363913633?ref=search&sid=690681189.2554966880..1
Lastly, today this quote was emailed to me and I am amazed on how timely this delivery was. As I am finishing this installation, I have been working hard on my artist's statement about it & this quote had given me another perspective. Many who see the eggshell dress immediately think wedding dress and even though it is a white dress I was not going for wedding dress, per say. However this quote put a different spin on the idea of being a bride, giving me an entirely new thought process. So I say again ~ isn’t the Internet amazing????
“When it’s over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.” Mary Oliver

So once again, thank you Mary Oliver & peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~