Monday, July 10, 2017

awesome accordion books from potato hill poetry's creative summer writers



For the past few summers I have had the joy of being the guest artist at Potato Hill Poetry's summer writing program and last week I lead my first activity. This summer I decided to try something new so we made accordion books and the end result was truly inspiring.


After we each made a basic accordion book, I gave very loose instructions about filling their newly created book. I pointed out the unique element that an accordion book offers which is the option to use each separate page or to use all the pages for a long or tall design and many campers did just that.


And as is common with most of my art lessons, I brought my endless supply of materials and supplies for the campers to use in their books!! 



And even though I appreciate that too many choices can be overwhelming, these kids weren't intimidated one bit and each created a lovely and unique book. It was a truly inspiring morning!


Please enjoy these treasures of creativity.  And I will be working with Potato Hill Poetry's Summer Writing Program a few more times this summer, so if you are interested make sure to check out the information at potatohill.com/summer-writing-program/.  










peace






















No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~