Thursday, January 8, 2009

"If I know what love is, it is because of you."


This year I am participating in the Artist's Valentine ~ 'a fundraiser for artists by artists'. Artists from all different media make Valentines which are sold at a party at Kalliroscope Gallery in Groton, Mass. The money raised from the Valentines' sales is used to provide grants to the artists who submitted Valentines. It has been so fun to make these Valentines ~ no pressure, just create. The above images are of one of my Valentines that I am submitting(submissions are due January 19, 2009). It is a little pillow with the Herman Hesse quote - "If I know what love is, it is because of you." I love the sentiment of that quote. I used an iron-on transfer to put the quote on a patch of printed fabric then sewed that patch and many others onto a heart. The back is similar however the main patch has "to & from" so that the sender can put on their name. I have also embellished the heart with buttons and beads. I am so enjoying this sewing thing. Besides this valentine I have started a 'dress' of small sewn 'doll' forms which I plan to use in the skirt of the 'dress'. Of course, this plan means sewing many, many of these dolls, so the dress maybe completed in 2010. more about that dress in a later post!! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~