During the holidays and the school vacation i didn't get to my studio that much; however i did knit, and knit, and knit, on my uterus. I had to get another set of 36" long circular needles to be able to get a sense of how it looked. I also struggled with whether to make it only single sided or double sided - like a pocket of sorts. I knew I wanted it to have a significant weight so after I got the ‘fallopian tubes' as long as I wanted I started to cast off stitches. So instead of being done I am really only halfway done.
In the below picture you can get a sense of the size. When I had it spread out to photograph my 10 year old crawled on top of it and curled up ~ this is the response I am striving for.
I hope to be able to exhibit it on a wall - hanging from a set of open hands that are offering it to the veiwer. And i want the viewer to wrap themselves up in it. we will see... peace