Friday, May 7, 2010

illustration friday ~ fearless

This week's topic for Illustration Friday is Fearless ~
“The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave.” ~ unknown.

It made me think of this illustration i did awhile ago ~ two mice taking on the slopes in a teacup!!! weeeeee!!!

Last week I missed Illustration Friday because I was thrashing around trying to get my submissions ready for jurying at the Danforth Museum ~ which I successfully delivered with 2 hours to spare before the deadline!!! For all who are curious, I submitted Treacherous and Frida (one of the shadow boxes from my installation 'table of content'). Now it is the sit and wait time to see if I get in.... tick,tick....

While i was thrashing around I did make a piece that i call ' Mirror Gown'. When i was cleaning the mirror pieces that sit under Treacherous I couldn't resist putting together this gown - on the scoreboard page of the Sports section no less!!!

This week I did get some good news, my dress, the Dress of Etiquette (Emily) was accepted into the Cambridge Art Association's Northeast Prize Show . The show runs from May 14 to June 23, 2010 with the opening reception is Thursday May 20, 6-8pm ~ Yeah!!!
peace

3 comments:

  1. Hi Virginia. Loving your 'Fearless friday' art! So lovely to see all of your creativity again. Sarah X

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i like it.
    fantastic the dress project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~