Friday, April 30, 2010

Procrastination......

“Don’t waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is amazing to me the many life lessons out there if you just pay attention!! I am once again struggling to meet a deadline ~ the Danforth Museum member show. 'Submissions End ~ Saturday, May 1' ~ less than 24 hours and I am banging around trying to figure out what to submit and what i need to do to the pieces that i am going to submit. It reminds me of the time I had to pack up Black Widow to send to Chicago, the big difference is I was accepted to that show.... and with this one the wrong piece can equal rejection. So when I came across this quote in a friend's email I thought how timely & I wanted to share. Rejection is a large part of this artist's world. However I was told recently, if you are not getting rejected then you are not getting yourself out there enough!! So I am going to get myself out there ~ just need to figure out with WHAT!!!

I am truly excited about the jurors (as well as intimidated by) ~ Jen Mergel, Beal Family Senior Curator of Contemporary Art at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, and Helen Molesworth, Chief Curator at the Institute. Both have curated shows that I have enjoyed and studied!! So this seems to have raised the stakes a bit.
I am leaning toward Treacherous (detail shown above). It has only been shown once and I am tweaking it a bit and putting it on a black stand. I love many aspects about this dress and it seems to represent many of my emotions at this time in my life :). When exhibited this piece is over a mosaic of broken pieces of mirrors ~ however I am tempted to make it a pile of broken glass and mirrors - making the climb very treacherous!! Need to follow my gut. It will all be worked out when i dive in - I am just painfully aware on how I am not diving in. The word procrastination comes to mind.....helping remodel a kitchen, making the girls snacks, Illustration Friday, posting a blog, hmmmmm......
OK ~ back to sanding the black stand :)!!! peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~