Saturday, December 11, 2010

comings and goings and fa-la-la-la

It has been a busy few weeks I am happy to announce ... between my fiber work & my dresses I have been in 5 shows, this weekend there are some ins and outs and closings! First, this past week the amazing show, Carry On at the Attleboro Arts Museum ended, alas all good things must come to an end. I was so honored to be a part of this compelling and provocative show. The staff at the museum said that the response to the show was phenomenal. Here is a photo from the Sun Chronicle of navy veteran J. Richard Lebel and my Tongue Necklace. Lebel contributed astounding poetry to the show and read a haunting piece for the opening reception. However they had to make room for their 2010 Members’ Exhibition in which Treacherous is being exhibited. The show runs from Dec 11, 2010 – Feb 4, 2011 (Holiday closing: December 23 – January 6, 2011. re-opening on January 7th).


Another closing in the New Art Center's Icons + Altars Benefit Exhibition. Tomorrow, Sunday December 12th, is the closing reception & ticket drawing, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m ~ this is when the ticket holders find out which piece they have won. I am hoping to attend because I hear it is a lot of fun. And I would love to see who gets my piece, All is Well. Click here to see all the entries.

Lastly this coming week my creatures & womb wrap are coming home. Art Organic, at The Harbor Art Gallery, UMass Boston is closing Dec. 15th. So it has been an exciting and full few weeks, spending lots of time in the car, delivering, picking up and going to receptions ~ no complaints here! Just need get my head into the holiday spirit ..... I can't believe it is December!!
peace!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~