Saturday, June 23, 2012

So much going on . . .



This is one packed full day of art !!! with openings and workshops and more.

I will be at Attleboro helping make Birds of Poetry at Attleboro’s Expo for the Senses which runs from 12-5pm today.  I am planning to be there more on the later side because I need to head west first.

First I am dropping off a new set of dresscards  at Artisans Way in Concord, MA.

the addition of a man's shirt/tie :)

I am very excited about these cards.  I have been experimenting with making my own paper for the origami. This feeds my love of collage and scraps!! I can use all the bits and pieces of wrapping paper, packing and other visual treasures that I have stockpiled all these years :). 

I also have fun finding quotes that resonate and matching it with a fun dress, or now dress or shirt and tie!!! I have posted a few here but here is a link to the entire collection.

  Then after Concord I will head to ArtSpace in Maynard, MA for the closing reception of Michael Frassinelli's Exhibit ~ "The Last of the Pianistas: Piano Sculptures and Artifacts by Michael Frassinelli" (May 30-June 29th) I had planned to make it to the opening, but life got in the way, but I will be there today.
    My daughter would SOO agree!!
Last year I substituted for Michael at Dana Hall while he was on sabbatical, creating much of the work that is being shown in Maynard.  He works with old pianos, he has created an entire culture and history about  people called the Pianistas.  The closing reception is 1-4pm today and the show runs thru the 29th.
From Maynard I will then head to Attleboro to make some Birds of Poetry and then end my day in Framingham, with the opening reception of Fountain Street Fine Art's latest show - Internal Combustion**. This is their 2012 summer open juried show, juried by Joseph Carroll.  the reception is 5-7pm. And if I have any energy left I hope to make it to my studio!!!
**The theme for this exhibit, INTERNAL COMBUSTION, celebrates the Gallery’s industrial roots and speaks to the transformative power of imagination.
Juried by Joseph Carroll, of Carroll and Sons Gallery in Boston. Carroll and Sons supports contemporary artists, and focuses on building the careers of lesser-known artists and promoting ones who are under recognized.


So as I said ~ a packed full day!! 
So what am I doing sitting here writing my blog?!?!
 Off to the highways and byways! 
Wishing all a great weekend!! peace

my life's motto

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~