Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fashion and Fiberarts at Dana Hall

'lilith in blue' greets gallery visitors
There is only one week left of this stimulating exhibit, Fashion and Fiberarts, at the Art Gallery at the Dana Hall School in Wellesley, MA.  I sadly missed the opening as I was west taking care of family.  However I am going to make-up for lost time :) as I have been invited to create a collaborative dress with the entire student body which will be worn during the Dana Fashion Show in the Spring.  This means I will be camping out at Dana during the show's last week, leading workshops and encouraging creative participation.  More about that project later ~ for now I wanted to share some photos of the show.  
'lilith in blue' with Merill's work
Whenever my fiber pieces, especially my creatures are exhibited I give the gallery complete freedom to display the pieces anyway they see fit.  So when I entered the gallery I was thrilled to see how curator and beloved teacher, Michael Frassinelli, displayed the work!!! Many time the curators display the work in ways I never have thought of.

I especially liked how he placed 'raw' over a podium - letting it ooze and slither.  

I am so honored to have been included in this exhibit - all the work is exciting.  I have always enjoyed Merill Comeau's wondrous fiber collages, her uses of clothing with a past, giving them new life.  Her pieces of deconstructed clothing made a wonderful juxtaposition to Sarah Campbell's and Tia Penney's beautiful coats and hats - ready to be worn.


Here are two examples of Michael's envisioning my creatures in a way I had not considered.  I love the pairing of 'blue angel' and my crocheted shawl, and the way he hung 'pinkie' created a delightful shadow!!



peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~