Sunday, May 29, 2016

this is my religion .... thank you Donovan Livingston, ED.M. '16

In this current state of our country I tend to fall into a state of despair, but then I find hope, a sign that things are not as bad as they seem.  Today that hope came from the mouth of a recent graduate of the Harvard Graduate School of Education, Donovan Livingston.  

I find it heart-breaking that racism is still such a large part of our country, and I feel those who encourage and incite this continual division instead of embracing and celebrating diversity, are committing a heinous injustice.  
Especially those individuals who are in the media's spotlight.  

But then there are these shining stars, and thanks to social media, 
they are being heard as well. 





Below is a link to the video of his commencement address as well as the text of his poem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~