Saturday, June 25, 2016

It is summertime and that means .... ART time!!!!


Last year I had the pleasure of being one of the guest artists for Potato Hill Poetry's Creative Writing Kids program,
 here in Natick, and I had so much fun.  

And I guess the kids had fun too as I have been invited back to do art with the kids this summer!!! 
WOOHOO!!!
Andrew Green in a school
The program is run by poet Andrew Green
the talent and inspiration of Potato Hill Poetry! 

"Andrew Green is a poet, writer, and teacher who works with students and teachers in schools throughout New England, offering writing and poetry workshops. He founded Potato Hill Poetry in 1995." 
'such a good thing . . .' Collage from bits & piece found on my kitchen table ©2015
Last year I lead the group in creating collage. I showed them some of my collage work, my 'home, sweet, home' series as well as some of my collages from my #ICAD2015 project. 

I explained the similarities of collage and writing, each taking parts (writing/words, collage images) how, to create a new worlds, emotions, in fact stories. 

'there is no place like home, andy ...' ©2016 



They created some wonderful pictures using my basket of tricks ... catalogs, magazines and other detritus of the day. 
collage from last year's program

This summer I plan to mix it up a bit!!! 
Definitely do the magazine based collage!
 
Eric Carle inspired dress ©2013
But we will also doing creating a tissue paper based collage ~ a nod to the amazing Eric Carle.  

While I was visiting the The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art  I learned how to do these collages and i am excited to share.

And I also want to explore the amazing world of Zentangle with the group.  New to it myself, I find it a wonderful meditative practice which I find very inspiring!!! 



I believe there are still some spots available, depending on the week.  
I have included the sign-up form below or you can click here: 

And check back here to see what these creative kiddos create, 
I plan to take more pictures this year.  



PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~