Friday, March 3, 2017

Louise McCall

The Breakfast Table, 1998
36 x 36 inches, Acrylic on Canvas

Louise McCall


Over the past years, I have had the great fortune of meeting and getting to know Louise McCall.  Whenever I am in the Phoenix area I try to get over to her beautiful home to visit with her.  She is always sparkling and so gracious surrounded by her beautiful painting.  I particularly love her kitchen, full of flowers, and Mexican ceramics. She is a dynamic and inspiring spirit, and our visits alway leave me elated.

My Garden, 2006, 36 x 48 inches, Acrylic on Canvas
Her work is so beautiful, full of color and light.  Check out her web site to see the vastness of her oeuvre. Her work can be found on file at the National Museum of Women in the Arts, in Washington D.C. and in many private collections across the United States, Saudi Arabia, and England.
Here are just a few examples of her vibrant work.

Fruit on the Desk, 1961

for inquiries you can contact:
Mexican Still Life, 1991
51 x 36 inches
McCall Studios
Catherine A. McCall
11891 De Paul Circle
San Martin, CA 95046
(408) 683-2502
(408) 683-0139 fax
cmoonrock@earthlink.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~