Wednesday, October 6, 2021

In honor of national pumpkin seed day

In honor of national pumpkin seed day, the first Wednesday of October, I’m reposting this post about my ‘Persephone’s dress …’ (see link below)



I have also learned some fun facts about pumpkin seeds: 
- most nutritious plant based food
- great source of zinc, iron, & pumpkin seeds has 8.5% of plant based protein in 1 Oz. 
So eat those pumpkin seeds!!! 
And first eaten in 7000 B.C.
-Pumpkins themselves are thought to have first been discovered in North America and were widely used by Native Americans. Actual pumpkin seeds have been found in Mexico and date back as far as 7000 B.C.Pumpkin seeds have been eaten throughout history for sustenance and medicinal purposes too.
https://www.jcsqualityfoods.com.au/news/everything-you-need-to-know-about-pumpkin-seeds/


VirginiaCreates: The God'dress' of the Harvest: Now that all my october shows are installed I can take a breathe (phew) and play Mom for awhile ~ which at this time of the year means carvi...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~