Monday, October 3, 2011

to dress tag or not to dress tag?!?!

To dress tag, or not to dress tag, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in heart & mind to endure
The slings and arrows of a run-of-the-mill life,
Or to take arms against a sea of the ordinary,
And by dress tagging, end them? To tag, to sleep ... 
no more;

(my apologies to Mr. Shakespeare)



Mystic, CT, after delivering 'insatiable' to the Mystic Arts Center for their Form and Fantasy show
Form and Fantasy: A Contemporary Twist on Fiber Art
 September 30 - November 12 ~ Opening Reception - Thursday, October 6th from 5:30pm-7pm



Dress Tagging while visiting Red Alert Cocktail Dress at the Boston Children's Museum's  exhibit ~
September 15 - November 27, 2011

can u see the dress???


@ my favorite restaurant, flour, down the street from  the BCM
Flour Bakery, Fort Point Channel12 Farnsworth St.,a perfect place to go after a visit to the Boston Children's Museum!! thumbs up from our entire group!!!
their tag line ~ Make life sweeter, Eat dessert first!! (what do u think Mom?? :)


a little something extra @ the FPAC store
then next door to flour is the Fort Point Artist Community Store ~ 

@ the opening of Here Now at the Sprinkler Factory, Worcester, MA
Barthelson  Crane: here  now
Sprinkler Factory Gallery
Opening Reception: Saturday, October  1,  5 to 8 pm
Artists Talk: Sunday October 23,  3:00 pm
October 1 - 30, 2011



experimenting with tagging



'May this dress help you find your inner baker'
this tag may have been too suggestive?!?
this 'tag' I put in a busy JoAnn's Fabric, thinking that the creative clientele would be open to picking up a dress, but it stayed put for the hour or so that I was shopping :(?!?! I am dying to see one get picked up!!!)

this made me question my whole dress tagging endeavor ~ is this insanity??? why am I doing this?? why am I throwing one more 'thing' into my already full life?? last week, besides delivering artwork and submitting artwork, I got to deal with a dead chicken, a broken pipe, flooded house and then lost my all keys for a truly uncomfortable amount of time?!?

but even as I question this latest obsession,  I can't deny this burning desire to put these 'tags' out in the world.  Even if they are never picked up & end on in the trash ~ they might bring a smile to someone before it is thrown out.  And I have so much fun figuring out what 'intention' to put on each dress and where to put it, so I guess the dress tagging will continue!! so keep your eyes open AND if you want to be part of the fun ~ email me or comment below and I will send you some dress tags!! But beware - it is addicting :) Peace


2 comments:

  1. I love them! but if you need to strike a balance (only so many hours in a day, hah!?) maybe you'll have to reduce the frequency to fit your other art & family schedule, But... don't abandon them all together! Have them serve you (and the gleeful recipient) when you need the adventure and rush: tag it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling - great advice!! I am doing a bit of house-keeping and info gathering and found this comment :) I miss leaving these dresses so maybe I will start adding them back into my life but with a balance XXX

      Delete

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~