Tuesday, August 14, 2012

8 Visions delivery ~ CHECK!

The day I deliver pieces for a show is usually a bittersweet day for me ~ so excited and relieved that the pieces are safely at the gallery, and yet I am also sad that the creating is done, at least for a time. Now is the time I must turn my attention to other matters that I have been ignoring, like, publicity & press for the show, and everything else in my life!!! 

http://attleboroartsmuseum.org/index.php/exhibitions/

The days and weeks before a big show I get so focused about what I need to do that the rest of my life goes on hold (nice).  In fact for last 4-5 days I basically lived in my studio, spending long and late hours working & I LOVED it.  Every so often I would start to worry that I am becoming a true studio hermit ~ but then I could see no down side of that life :) (though, my girls might!)

delivered dresses waiting to be set up
'happily ever after' set-up at the South Shore Art Center, last year
During this crunch time I also get a billion of other ideas that I want to make for the pending show ~ crazy I know!!! This time I had a great friend counseling me away from the 'edge of starting all these new wonderful project' and to just finish the pieces that are almost done and need to be finished.  And for this friend I am truly grateful!!!

'lilith in blue'  with panel painting behind
So now these babies are out of my hands and into the world. 
Three of them will be debuting at 8 Visions & then there are some old faithfuls.   
Many of the pieces have 'stories' that I plan to share here in later posts, 
but for now I must attend to the matter of telling people about the show and getting them to come.
So feel free to spread the word!! :)

'kid gloves' ~ a small dress made out of broken eggshells sitting in a nest made of white/cream ribbons and being 'held' by old kid gloves that David A. Lang found for me on his endless travels.
'provocative' (rope dress)
'black widow' vcr tape dress
So on that note, here is the 411 about the show ~ 
8 Visions – Work from 8 Juried Member Artists
Exhibition: August 21 – September 15, 2012
Opening Reception: Wednesday, Aug 22nd from 7 – 9pm. Free and open to the public.
Saturday, Sept 8th: Gallery Talk, 2-4pm.  Free and open to the public. Kindly reserve your space by Thursday, September 6th. 508-222-2644  
- peace - 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~