Sunday, July 29, 2012

getting dresses out there

5x7 matted dress with quote
As alluded to before - I'm trying to get sale-able stuff out there so that I can support my large dress making habit, as well as help pay rent, buy groceries and such :) and with that in mind . . .

 This week I dropped off some of my dresscards and dressmats at the store at the Attleboro Arts Museum. They have been carrying my dress project notecards but were excited to add the one-of-a-kind pieces to their inventory.



'uterus' organic knitting
Also my 'uterus' is on exhibit at the museum in their "On the Threshold" show, juried by Michele L'Heureux (be sure to check out her website). Then following that show, I am one of the eight artists that the museum will be exhibiting in their "8 Visions exhibition" ~Work from 8 Juried Member Artists.
 This show will run from August 21 – September 15, 2012.  



I'm VERY excited about being part of this show and a bit freaked out about how quickly the delivery date is approaching.  I was planning to have an entire new body of work to exhibit (in another reality) but I am happy with the new pieces that I will have.   I will be exhibiting with seven other wonderful artists: Patricia Berube, Brenda Cirioni, Susan Denniston, Sand T Kalloch, Niva Shrestha,  Mary L. Taylor & Felicia Touhey (this is the first year that the exhibiting group is all women :).


I have also been experimenting with some produced products, items that I am not making all myself. I have designed some products where an image of the 3D origami dress will be printed on a 2D product?!?  I have put in a sample order so we will see how & if this all works out?!?!?! 
Peace is always . . bumper sticker
Live with Passion magnet

It is all a work in process!! 
And with that said I need to go to work in my studio :) - no more productive procrastination for this artist!


Wishing all a peaceful and joyous Summer Sunday!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~