Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Exciting new work from the Studios of Virginia Fitzgerald

(now for the post that i was writing when i realized the past post, from June, hadnot even been published!!! :)

'mirror, mirror' mixed media collage on panel

These past few weeks have been super full, which is befitting for September, with the usual starting of a new school year. And to add to the excitement, I just added a few big gallery shows, a couple performances and an open studio or two, keeping me 'out of trouble'.

Lots of good things have been going on ~ meeting new people, learning new techniques and creating a  new series of collages ~ all good, but I must confess I really miss writing my blog.  Even with my quick update on my Facebook artist's page, I miss how the act of writing my blog helps me to flesh out my current projects and artistic going-ons.  I realize that this blog is an important record for me about what is important in my artistic journey, and hopefully others enjoy reading it as well.   

So with that revelation in mind I here is a 'quick' post about my newest series and where you can find one of these pieces.

As I have mentioned in an earlier post (the lost  post), I am part of Fountain Street Fine Arts' CSArt ~ and as I have been exploring what my CSArt pieces will be I created these mixed media collages ~ one is pictured at the beginning of this post. These collages don't exactly fit the criteria for the CSArt but I am SO, sO, So excited about the pieces as their own series!!! 

I see the series as a natural continuation of The Dress Project. The pieces speak to many issues that I am deal with in The Dress Project, especially the demands of certain societal expectations.  And this work is 2D which gives me some ability to show it in more places.  But most of all I LOVE to create these surreal worlds.

One of the first places where the series is debuting is at the Attleboro Arts Museum for their 21st Benefit Art Auction.  And they have set up an online auction so even those who are far away can view, bid and possibly win my newest work ~ see info below for online auction.

The piece I donated is called, 'there's no place like home, andy'.  It is a mixed media collage on paper and measures 5x7" with an 8x10" mat.  The dress and hanger are separate pieces that I have created then sewn onto the piece.  This detail picture gives you a sense of the dimensionally of the work.

'there's no place like home, andy'
detail
I am truly intoxicated by this series and have been working on paper and on panels.  I hope/plan to have a few at this weekends Natick Open Studios - but to do that I need to go work on them.  So . . . I must run.  

Check out the Attleboro Online Auction, here is the direct link to my piece.  And thank you for visiting my blog!! peace.


You can now view the
Attleboro Arts Museum's
2012 Benefit Art Auction Items
________________________

The Attleboro Arts Museum's Benefit Art Auction is the Museum's  
largest fundraising event of the year.  Proceeds from the auction  
fund colorful and innovative arts programs for all levels of artists  
and art students and a range of exhibitions.   

You can now view (and place bids on) our handsome offering  
of auction items by visiting either:

The Museum: actual auction items are on display through  
November 1, 2012.  86 Park Street, Attleboro, MA 02703.  
Tues - Sat, 10am - 5pm. 

OR

Our online auction website through October 31, 2012:   

__________________________________________  

Tickets are now on sale for the live auction event:
Saturday, November 3, 2012 Tickets: $35 in advance;  
$40 at the door.   
  Each ticket includes wine, beer and hors d'oeuvres
  Doors open at 5:30pm
  Buffet from 5:30 - 6:30pm; beverages available all evening
  Live auction begins at 7pm
Attleboro Arts Museum
86 Park Street, Attleboro, MA 02703  
To order tickets: 508-222-2644 x13 or  

__________________________________________

Endless thanks to our valued 2012 auction sponsors:  

Headline Sponsors
City Spirits; Fine Catering by Russell Morin; Rockland Trust; Sensata Technologies;
The Sun Chronicle
Partner Sponsors 
Anawon Trust/Bristol County Savings Bank; Collins, Smith & O'Connor, LLP;
Mansfield Bank; Barbara and Peter Ottmar
Friend Sponsors
Bliss Bros. Dairy; Castro, Thresher & Oliveira, PC; Willow Tree Farm


http://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/item/Browse.action?auctionId=169965519&searchTerm=fitzgerald&search=Search&_sourcePage=rDlJDQwHKdxLYsuDKS9t0adu0wt2lnOlBiTONnwlpGE%3D&__fp=j9m3yWnNqAc%3D

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~