Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Imagine all the people living life in peace. John Lennon

this post is a direct copy of today's daily dress inspiration blog .
With today being September 11th,  I felt that today's message and 
quotes were worth repeating. (and for those wonderful folks that subscribe to 
both my blogs, I apologize for the 'rerun'.)

may this dress bring peace ~


'dear jeff' (2011-2012)
for all of those affected by
the events of September 11th,
which is all of us - 
some more obvious than others.

Today's dress is a commissioned 
sculpture for a man who lost his fiancée
12 years ago today. 

At the 10 year anniversary 
of this tragedy he felt that it 
was time to let go of 
his box of memories.  
He asked me if I could create 
something out of his treasure box.
I was honored and accepted the task.

This was a box full of letters;
notes between the couple during college,
cards of encouragement for new jobs, 
the announcement about their engagement,
articles about 9/11,
the missing person flyers, 
and then
a cornucopia of condolences cards, 
from friends, family, coworkers, 
communities and even strangers. 
These communiques played a huge role 
is Jeff's recovery; 
the power of a caring community.

When Jeff approached me, 
he didn't want a memorial of 
his fiancée and her death.
He wanted a sculpture that would portray 
the importance of community,
and the positive growth that 
can come through adversity, 
as well as a celebration of Amy's spirit.

To read more about the piece, click here,
(though I just realized that longer 
description of this piece is yet to be written)

So for today I give you 'dear jeff' 
and the words of John Lennon, 
from his anthem, 'imagine'.
 One of my utmost favorite songs, 
with lyrics that reach into the true 
 depth of my soul and makes me ache 
for the world he describes!!

 let us all strive for peace in our time.

As John Lennon said : 
“War is over ... If you want it.” 


"Imagine"
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~