Friday, March 13, 2015

flower friday . . .Attleboro Arts Museum's Flower Show


seems like the landofthedragons made it to the Flower Show!!
Yesterday I was in #heaven!! I had the great honor of being one of the 'live artists' at this year's Flower Show at the Attleboro Arts Museum,  meaning yesterday my 'job' was to spend the afternoon drawing, painting and talking with Museum visitors!
did I already say #heaven??

pen and ink drawing 

Here is my interpretation of this stunning floral dress, 
created by the museum's director, Mim Fawcett.


so happy & sporting a styling David Lee Black t-shirt

my palette with only 5 colors, the way
I was taught by Martha Oldman
This is a beautiful show, and as usual, the museum staff and volunteers did an outstanding job.  Besides the beauty of the art of the wall, the spirit and atmosphere in the museum was festive, joyful and so welcoming;  a perfect antidote for the long winter that we New Englanders have had.


perfect attire for the Flower Show!!
Pink Dr. Martin's modeled by the lovely 







If you are in the area I highly recommend a visit!! The show runs through this Sunday, and each day is full of events and activities, along with the many exquisite floral arrangements and inspiring art.



AnD DoN't FOrGeT!!! 
Tomorrow, at the Common Street Community Church
join the fun as they unveil their two new murals, 
both dedicated to the lovely Anet James.  
Come see my 12-7 foot mural inside and ONE80 Visual's Scott Pressler's beautiful mural outside!!! Hope to see you there!! 











and as always ~ peace, va

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~