Wednesday, July 25, 2012

so much to do, so little time . . .

where to begin . . .
Dress of Poetry on display at Attleboro Public Library
today I am heading to Attleboro to start the install of the Birds of Poetry!! I have two wonderful assistants with me and we are going to primp the birds, get them already for flight then, if TIME allows,  launch them into the atrium.

birds in process

I also plan to stop by the Attleboro Arts Museum to see the exhibit On the Threshold – A National Juried Exhibition (July 14 – August 10, 2012).  I was hoping to make it to the opening last Wednesday but nasty thunderstorms and flash flooding put an end to that idea.  But will make there today to see the show.

'uterus' in "on the threshold'
 While at the museum I will be picking up announcement for their next show, 8 Visions – Work from 8 Juried Member Artists in which I am also exhibiting!! I am really excited about this opportunity!! and, when I can, I am frantically working in my studio to finish some NEW pieces. Here is the info about that show : 
Exhibition: August 21 – September 15, 2012
Opening Reception: Wednesday, Aug 22nd from 7 – 9pm. Free and open to the public.
Saturday, Sept 8th: Gallery Talk, 2-4pm.  Free and open to the public. Kindly reserve your space by Thursday, September 6th. 508-222-2644  


Also last week I meet with the folks at JP Knit and Stitch and discussed performing 'insatiable' at their adorable shop during this years JP Open Studios!! Again, so excited!!! to sit in this inspiring place and crochet on 'insatiable' for hours ~ truly my idea of bliss.  

So on Sept. 22 & 23 you will find me 461 Centre St., Jamaica Plain, MA, crocheting away!  I will also be selling my dresscards ( need to make that money thing :)  Here are some samples I made for JP Knit - with the paper for the dresses based on fiber arts and knitting.  I also borrowed some of their awesome fabric for some dresses!! So mark your calendars and stop by.  


 ALSO they want me to teach an organic crocheting workshop in the Fall ~
SO FUN!!! 


Now off to Attleboro!! 
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting my blog and for taking the time to comment ~ it is always a gift to get feedback!! so thx and peace ~